remember the genius ambience of The Postal Service's album Give Up?

well, a relatively new project just under a year old called Owl City, created by Adam Young, is like the next generation's The Postal Service.
Adam Young:

...
I've recently been listening to Owl City's Maybe I'm Dreaming practically non-stop:

as well as Of June:

& I've been loving them. They're so mellow and beautifully ambient. I just can't get enough of them, or him :)
...So I need to listen to Owl City's most recent album, Ocean Eyes, which recently had a free single on itunes called "Fireflies."

not only are the songs beautiful, but so are the album covers, particularly Of June and Ocean Eyes.
& I'll leave you with this little gem, courtesy of this user (XpayinginnaivetyX) on youtube:
do u realize that music starts playing when i open your page? and it basically scares me each time hahaha
ReplyDeleteyeah... I can't figure out how to not make it automatically play... sorry for scaring you :/
ReplyDeleteI rediscover postal service every few months. it never gets old.
ReplyDeleteso I will def be looking into owl city. thanks for the tip!
:) his lyrics are unusual, but that makes his songs more interesting, I guess? but oh man. beautiful beautiful sounds.
ReplyDelete