Saturday, May 16, 2009

I really like this movie : Victor Erice is brilliant.



I originally watched this movie for my film class this semester, but I was falling asleep through parts of it, so I decided I needed to watch it again. Best decision ever because it made me love it. I watched an "explanation" of it on youtube after I watched the movie again, and what really stuck with me was how the reviewer said that it's about children constructing their own narratives, and that children understand, or learn to understand, that certain things shouldn't be spoken about. In the case of the movie, that would be "spirits" and things like Frankenstein. What was really great about the movie though was the main character, who is Ana Torrent when she was about six years old. Not only was she adorable, but she played her role so beautifully as a curious little "explorer" of life!

How cute was Ana Torrent?

No comments:

Post a Comment

express yourself...